Non Profit Insurance
Non Profit Insurance Information
Just like businesses protect their assets with insurance, nonprofits should do the same. Non-profit organizations are all unique in their operations. While some work to preserve wildlife, others care for the elderly. What if a sudden fire burned down your headquarters? What would happen to the people, animals or environments your nonprofit serves?
What are the benefits of nonprofit insurance?
Nonprofits often function on a tight budget. This makes getting insurance important as a large, unexpected expense can be detrimental. A good nonprofit insurance policy will have the right balance of price and coverage.
What types of insurance should a nonprofit get?
There are many types of insurance for nonprofits. Here are some common types of nonprofit insurance. Keep in mind this is a list of the different types. Because every nonprofit is different, we can help you determine which coverage best fits your needs.
- General liability insurance protects against injury and property damage to third parties. This can include visitors, customers, suppliers or associates. Employees are often covered separately by worker’s compensation.
- Property insurance protects your assets in the event of a fire, disaster or vandalism. These assets can include the building, fixtures, equipment, machinery, furniture, computers, inventory and supplies.
- Auto insurance covers injuries from an accident involving your staff or volunteers using any car, including their own, for nonprofit activities.
- Product liability insurance protects your nonprofit in the event of a lawsuit claiming your product is unsafe or defective.
- Directors and officers insurance protects the members of your board of directors and your officers in the event of a lawsuit alleging fraud or financial mismanagement.
- Professional liability insurance protects against claims of mismanagement and workplace incidents like discrimination or sexual harassment.
- Workers’ compensation compensates employees for medical expenses and lost wages after an on-the-job injury.
Get started today!
Thank you for your interest in Carolina Underwriters Insurance if you are ready to begin your auto insurance quote click here. If you have any questions and would like to speak to one of our insurance professionals please call us at either location: Matthews at 704-849-8080 or Cornelius at 704-997-8113 or via email. We are proud to serve the Greater Charlotte, Charleston and Myrtle Beach area since 1994.